This meditation I wish to introduce, is being mindful of the moment.
This meditation can be used throughout the day to help you to recover from stressful times at work, after settling the children down for their morning or afternoon sleep, during your walks etc.
This is the mindfulness five senses meditation. The senses are:- See, Hear, Smell, Taste and Feel. Firstly prepare your body by breathing 6 deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. Once your nervous system has calmed then start the Five Senses Meditation.
* Look preferably outside a window with a view and take in the nature or water that is in front of you. Keep looking at the view for 35 seconds to start with and build that number up each time you practice this method.
* Then listen to the noises around you which might be birds, traffic, trains, chatter.
* From there switch to the smell which could be dust, fresh air, aromatic cooking.
* The next step is Taste which would mostly be saliva or maybe something you have just eaten.
* The last being feel. Tune into your body. Can you feel areas that are sore, stressed or unrelaxed? Take your next breathe into that area for as long as needed to release the condition to a relaxed state.
This meditation can be implemented throughout the day as needed especially when there is a stressful situation occurring. Take a few minutes away from your job to practice this method for positive results.